HuskerMax™

Thoroughbred Breaking News | BloodHorse.com

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My ode to pot roast

So I have decided to fire this sucker up and I thought to myself "What would be the best way to jump headfirst into the wild world of blogging?". After drafting in my mind countless pieces on the intricacies of world economics, love, friendship, football, culture and religion, it finally hit me what I needed to share with the world.

And then I noticed that when I log in to this website, it lists my blog name as "Musings of an Accidental Ho". However, the extent of my writing on that went no further than "tee hee".

So I reverted back to my original plan. I adore Pot Roast. It was one of the first things I attempted to make as a married woman and the feature that attracted me the most was that I couldn't screw it up. You stick a piece of beef in a crock pot with whatever mixture of liquid you tend to find in a post-wedding kitchen and BAM, magical tender awesomeness comes out eight hours later.

I made pot roast last night and all my liquid consisted of was cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme and beef bullion.

I am convinced this recipe and methodology could be used on any variety of meat from sea cucumbers to mutton.

There's a restaurant idea for ya: Exotic Pot Roasts.

Needless to say, I'm stoked at the current season as it means all of my favorite comfort foods are coming back to my kitchen. Pot Roast is apparently leading the parade. If I was better at poetry, I would provide a haiku in honor of it.

No comments: